Many Voices One Song
Shared Power with Sociocracy
En detaljerad manual för att implementera sociokrati.
- Format: Häftad (Paperback / softback)
- Språk: Engelska
- Antal sidor: 296
- Utgivningsdatum: 2018-06-11
- Förlag: Institute for Peaceable Communities, Inc
- Dimensioner: 255 x 205 x 18 mm
Sociocracy means governance by those who associate together.
Many Voices One Song is a detailed manual for implementing sociocracy, an egalitarian form of governance. The book includes step-by-step descriptions for structuring organizations, making decisions, and generating feedback. The content is illustrated by many diagrams, tables, examples, lists, skits, and stories from the field.
The book covers four major areas:
- Sociocratic organizational structures based on linked teams (circles) that distribute authority from the top of organizations to the most frontline teams that are appropriate.
- Decision making by consent, defined as no one having an objection to a proposed decision. Consent is a participatory and inclusive approach to decision making, in contrast to win-lose voting and most forms of consensus.
- Decision-making steps (understand-explore-decide) detailed include proposal generation and the proposal to consent decision-making process.
- Selection of people to roles in open dialog processes
Feedback processes for evaluating the effectiveness of meetings, policies, workflows, and role performance support an ongoing learning cycle and continuous improvement, not just in production and delivery but in the embodiment of equality itself. The intent of this book is to contribute to the spread of sociocracy by making information available. Egalitarian self-governance needs to be simple enough so everyone can share power in a healthy way.